Maritime Affairs News
- Sustainable Fisheries: EU and Seychelles hold first Joint Committee meeting under new partnership agreementOn 3 and 4 March 2021, the EU and Seychelles met to review the implementation of the first year of application of the new Sustainable Fisheries Partnership Agreement (SFPA) and its six years implementing Protocol, and to discuss mechanisms to strengthen their cooperation and common efforts towards sustainable fisheries.
- The UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) has just released a new guidance on blue finance to help banks, insurers and investors take action on the transition of ocean sectors to a sustainable future.
- Sustainable mariculture: how the EU helped building a successful enterprise in the “smart island” of CapraiaCapraia is a small island in the upper Tyrrhenian Sea, in the Tuscan Archipelago National Park between Italy and the island of Corsica. Measuring just 8 km by 4 km and located about 70 km off the coast of Tuscany, the Capraia is home to about 300 people.
- The Cabo de Palos Marine Reserve is the oldest marine reserve in the region of Murcia, Spain. Its status as a protected area since 1995 has favoured a thriving marine life. Murcia is a region of exceptional marine biodiversity, which enjoys a high level of protection, including 12 Natura 2000 sites and two Marine Protected […]
- STARFISH 4.0: EU funds innovative digital solutions for supporting small-scale fisheries in the MediterraneanSmall-scale fisheries (SSF) account for 50% of the global catch and 95% of the world’s fishers. In the EU, SSF make up 85% of all fishing vessels and have a fundamental role to play from a biodiversity, economic and social perspective.
Maritime EU Events
- A webinar on “Recreational fisheries monitoring and control” gathered representatives from the European Commission, European Parliament, EU Member States, Advisory Councils and members of the scientific community.