Maritime Affairs News
- Ocean conservation: EU takes lead in international effort to establish new Marine Protected Areas in AntarcticaToday, Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries Virginijus Sinkevičius hosted a ministerial meeting to build support among the members of the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) for the designation of new Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) in the Southern Ocean, in particular in East Antarctica and in the Weddell Sea.
- This year’s edition of the annual Seminar on Fisheries Science of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE) will focus on marine protected areas (MPAs).
- Fossil oil – commonly dubbed the “Black Gold” – is quickly losing its sparkle as countries and companies turn their back on the sticky fuel over concerns about climate change and environmental pollution. And it increasingly looks like the blue economy is ready to take over!
- The Conference on the Future of Europe is a unique and timely opportunity for Europeans to debate on Europe’s challenges and priorities.
- Today, the Administrative Board of the European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA) appointed Dr Susan Steele as the agency’s new Executive Director.
Maritime EU Events
- A webinar on “Recreational fisheries monitoring and control” gathered representatives from the European Commission, European Parliament, EU Member States, Advisory Councils and members of the scientific community.