- From multi-trophic aquaculture over fish rest raw material to cell-plant technology and the breeding of cells through mariculture, the blue bioeconomy is a spawning ground for cutting-edge innovation in Europe. The latest EUMOFA report dives into three sub-sectors and discovers how they are quickly claiming their place in the sustainable economy, and what potential they […]
- In a world where food resources are becoming scarce, conventional agriculture faces challenges in feeding 7 billion people and fish resources are under pressure, algae are one promising route to an affordable global food supply at low environmental costs. But whereas seaweed and other algae are a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine, European consumption and […]
- Towards the energy of the future! New call for proposals for environmental monitoring of tidal and wave energy.The European Commission has published a new call for grants to support the development of ocean energy in Europe. Budgeted at € 2.3 million, this call wants to attract projects that can improve environmental monitoring of tidal and wave energy devices. Interested? Have a look at the Commission’s Funding Portal for more detail. Deadline for […]
- The first WestMED Hackathons will take place on Tuesday 14 May 2019 in Palermo, Italy.
- Training and certification for fishermen: Commission adopts a report calling on EU Member States to ratify STCW-F Convention as soon as possibleToday, the European Commission has adopted a report urging EU Member States to ratify the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Fishing Vessels Personnel (STCW-F Convention). This will offer extra protection to fishers, one of the most hazardous professions in Europe.